Monday, June 27, 2011

Reflection Upon Technology Integrated Lesson/ Unit

I found this exercise to be painful.  While I liked the idea of it, it was extremely difficult for me to get my ideas organized and into some kind of readable format.  In terms of the lesson itself I enjoyed delivering it and felt like people enjoyed the lesson as well.  I should not have copied text from Wikipedia and posted onto my e-sheet which was setting a bad example for the kids who already rely on the internet for everything.  I really wanted them answering in their own words so it was even a worse strategy than I thought.  Think I spent too much time reviewing the e-sheet and would have spent less time typing on the computer in front of the class.

1 comment:

  1. Incorporating technology effectively in teaching is a real (industrial) art. One of the reasons for the activity was to develop a greater appreciation of the amount of planning and preparation that needs to go into a smooth, effective technology-rich lesson. Juggling all of the elements well comes with practice.

    The TPCK model can help you plan and reflect, by highlighting that technology is interacting with content and pedagogy (and vice versa). Recognizing the effects will help teachers become better teachers.

    ReplyDelete